Manchetts Peterborough is looking to secure a new apprentice to join their growing family business.
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- Maintenance – replacing/repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
- Learn and understand the importance of health and safety within the workplace
- Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
HGV Technician Apprenticeship: You will undertake 3 years of training to achieve qualified status. Training takes place on-site and at Remit College, Derby, including use of the latest diagnostic technology.
We can offer:
- A friendly team of colleagues
- New, interesting challenges each day
- A programme of structured in-house training
- City and Guilds HGV Level 3 qualification
- Financial support for driving lessons
- Fully-qualified salary ranging £28 – £40k +
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is a highly motivated and committed team member
- Enjoys learning and problem-solving, with an interest in vehicles
- Is ITliterate
- Will hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4+
If you have a passion for the motor industry and are looking to gain some valuable experience from an awarding-winning workshop send your CV to our HR Manager with a cover letter about you and why you would like to be our next apprentice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates of Pay : Please check the government website for apprenticeship rates of pay according to your age. https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
College and qualification information : https://remit.co.uk/automotive/
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Jeni Davy, HR Manager on 07534 898218 for an informal chat.