3.5t Recovery Drivers HGV
3.5t Recovery Drivers (HGV)
Manchetts recovery are seeking applications for 3.5t Recovery Drivers with vehicle mechanical knowledge to join our recovery team based out of Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
The successful applicant – will join a friendly, professional and hardworking team. The role will work directly with our 24 hour control room to carry out minor roadside repairs and recovery of vehicles in a professional manner whilst ensuring the safety of themselves and others at all times.
No two days are the same within the recovery industry and the role will include a variety of vehicle incidents, including general breakdowns, road traffic collisions and contracted police work.
The vehicle recovery role involves recovery of a vehicle following a breakdown or accident from the roadside to a final destination which is primarily carried out within a 100km radius working area; although at times you may be required to carry out longer distance recoveries to any UK destination.
The role of a recovery operative is to attend breakdowns in all weathers, so you need to be prepared to work outside and sometimes in difficult conditions to recover vehicles and customers.
We are seeking candidates that always aim to provide great customer service in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- A person whose attitude is often seen as go ‘above and beyond’ to offer our customers a solution that fits their needs.
- You will need to enjoy working with customers and be able to demonstrate a positive attitude at times of tolerance, sympathy and understanding.
- A minimum of 1 years driving experience in vehicles 3500KG.
- Mechanical knowledge is a preferred advantage, but not essential.
- Full training will be provided relative of experience.
- An up to date digital tacho card is essential.
- Preference will be given to those who have achieved the required 35 hours of CPC training.
Terms and Conditions
- We offer a 4 on 4 off shift pattern working a 12-hour shift (Average of 42 hours per week). Overtime is available.
- You will be offered a competitive salary, 31 days holiday (pro rata’d for shift working) pension, and benefits package.
All candidates will be fully vetted once a conditional offer of employment has been signed. Vetting includes employment and character references, criminal record checks, proof of right to work and sanctions checks. These are all part of the company’s policies and procedures relevant for the industry and services that we provide.
Manchetts services include:
- Vehicle Recovery for major failure or accident
- Roadside Repairs
- Workshop repairs after breakdown through our own network
Interested candidates should email a CV to email@example.com or call Jeni, HR Manager on 07534 898218 for an informal chat.