Control Room Operative – Nights 4 on 4 off – Burwell depot
We are looking for a new Night operative to join our team in Burwell.
This varied role is very active and suited for those who can keep a cool head under pressure to see recovery operations through.
There is never a dull moment when responding to calls. Our control room operatives deliver the best professional service, dispatching roadside support or recovery teams across the area. An energetic approach, a positive outlook, a fair knowledge of the local area and a good understanding of the pressures of emergency services go a long way in feeling right at home in this position.
Your duties will include:
- receiving and dispatching car, LGV and HGV breakdown and recovery jobs, to our team of relay recovery drivers and roadside technicians.
- keeping the customer on the roadside informed of progress and updated with ETA’s.
- keeping the motoring organisations we work for updated.
- problem solving in real time.
- keeping our industry written APEX system updated.
The model candidate would:
- be able to provide quality customer service to our clients that include all the large motoring organisations such as AA, Green Flag and Britannia. As well as organisations such as the Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk Police force.
- be able to communicate positively and assertively in what can be a busy commercial environment.
- have basic computer skills and be willing to improve them.
- have the ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- have a ‘can do’ attitude to the job.
- ideally have previous control room/call handling experience, full training will be given regardless.
- ideally have a good sense of the geography around East Anglia.
- ideally have a basic knowledge from within the motoring industry but not essential.
Terms and Conditions
- Competitive salary (depending on knowledge, skills and experience)
- Shift pattern – 4 on 4 off- 6.00pm-6.00am
What we offer
- Free parking on site
- 29 days annual leave
- Internal telephone support
- Pension scheme
- Weekly Fresh Fruits
- Tea and coffee