Control Room Operative – Evening and Weekend Shifts – Burwell depot.
We are looking for a well organised, attentive and capable person for evening and weekend hours to join our control room team in Burwell Cambridgeshire.
This role will suit someone that can multitask and deal with a fast pace environment, use their initiative to secure work and be able to think quickly to find solutions. You will be working with field staff at the roadside who will be requiring prompt direction. Candidates with relevant previous experience or who have worked in the motor trade and have mechanical knowledge are preferred. Working within a team, with confidence to take ownership of a task and see it through to completion is paramount. Geographical knowledge of the area, a good telephone manner and fluid keyboard skills are required.
This is a demanding role and a satisfying job if you can tick all the above criteria. Manchetts work for all the major breakdown organisations and Cambridgeshire Suffolk and Norfolk police who all have high KPI expectations.
Your duties will include:
What the Role Entails
- Handling inbound and outbound calls to a wide variety of customers.
- Assist in decision making and deployment of jobs.
- Operate vehicle tracking software.
- Updating jobs live time to ensure we meet our service level agreements.
- managing the job to completion and problem-solving in real-time.
- Previous experience in a similar role or office environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional phone manner.
- Good geographical knowledge.
The model candidate would:
- be able to provide quality customer service to our clients
- be able to communicate positively and calmly in a highly pressured commercial environment
- have fluid keyboard and computer skills.
- have the ability to work under pressure during busy periods
- be able to multitask and work in a team
- ideally have previous control room/call handling experience.
- ideally have a good sense of the geography around East Anglia
- ideally have a mechanical knowledge from within the motoring industry
Terms and Conditions
- Competitive salary £10 upwards depending on knowledge, skills and experience.
What we offer
- Free parking on site
- 20 days annual leave
- Internal telephone support
- Pension scheme
- Weekly Fresh Fruits
Shift pattern – Fortnightly 5 days a week.
Monday to Friday: 4.30 pm to 10.30 pm; Saturday & Sunday: Off
Monday and Tuesday: 4.30 pm to 10.30 pm
Weds & Thurs: Off
Friday: 4.30 pm to 10.00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Please apply in the first instance to HR Manager Jeni Davy at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter.