Recovery Storage Administrator
Recovery Storage Administrator
Full Time; Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm including a one-hour lunch break; 40hour week.
About the Opportunity
Manchetts Rescue & Recovery are looking for an experienced Office Administrator to work as part of a small team, dealing with all aspects of administration relating to the recovery and storage of vehicles.
The candidate will administer and ensure the smooth running of our contracted vehicle recovery schemes which includes the management of storage and disposal of vehicles by updating various systems.
Manchetts have three storage sites and whilst our team all work in conjunction with one another, each site has a point of contact for the relevant external organisations and members of public.
Our three storage office locations span across Cambridgeshire and Bury St Edmunds and our offices are located within our recovery storage sites. The sites are busy with vehicles coming in and out 24hours a day.
The applicant will be working from our office reception however prepared to work outside at times taking customers to vehicles, removing property including recording and storing, imaging vehicles, and opening and locking vehicle compounds, which can be wet and muddy throughout the year.
The candidate must have the confidence to deal with customers face to face, one of the biggest challenges within the position is dealing with customer pressures. Manchetts are looking for someone who is prepared to navigate and overcome these challenges.
This role is based at our Cambridge storage depot within Waterbeach, Dickerson Industrial Estate, Ely Road, Cambridge CB25 9PG with a starting salary of £24,000.
Please see below the day-to-day operations and the key tasks and responsibilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as the point of contact for the storage site you are located from, managing all aspects of administration for vehicles within storage.
- Follow a matrix of statutory charges for our police recovery schemes.
- Updating internal systems with relevant police recovery information for example a vehicles retention and release status, vehicle images, sending and raising letters to customers and following up with liaison officers and answering any questions and queries which may be requested.
- Manage salvage vehicle collections and customer vehicle and property bookings.
- Property removal and storage management.
- Customer facing, dealing with release and payments of seized vehicles.
- Telephone communication with external organisations such as insurance companies, salvage agents and body repair centres.
- Managing and raising invoices relating to the vehicle recovery scheme.
- Provide admin support and holiday cover where necessary across all three storage sites.
- Have experience in an administration role.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with police, police liaison officers, vehicle scenes of crime and mechanical officers, members of the public and other external organisations in a confident manner.
- Experience with computer-based systems such as Excel and good keyboard skills.
- Have Experience on the telephone and the ability to multi-task.
- Prioritising workloads and have excellent time management and organisational skills.
- The candidate will be working under pressure during busy periods, we are looking for someone with the can-do attitude and positive outlook and who can remain calm in situations of pressure.
- A basic knowledge of the motoring industry is ideal however not essential.
- The administration role will be internally trained involving all three storage sites to give an insight into the day-to-day operations, the candidate will be prepared to travel across our three sites for the first 3 months of employment.
- Willing to work well as a part of a small team however can prioritise their own work loads and use their initiative.
Benefits of working for Manchetts Recovery
- Pension scheme
- Quarterly bonuses
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing to 33 days after 5 years’ service.
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site parking
Closing date: February 16th, 2024
Please email your CV to Jeni Davy, HR Manager on email@example.com in the first instance. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.