Terms of Hire
When you sign a rental agreement with Manchetts Van Hire, you accept the terms of hire set out in the rental agreement. Please read through carefully. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 01638 596871.
Our terms of hire state drivers must be between 25 – 75 years of age, inclusive. A full, valid UK driving licence must have been held for a minimum of 12 months which permits you to drive in the UK.
If you have a non-EU licence, you must not have been resident in the UK for more than 12 months – please contact us for confirmation.
Please inform our rental staff of any endorsements or points on your licence, regardless of age. We are unable to lease to those with:
- More than 9 penalty points
- A disqualified from driving in the last 3 years
- Previous disqualifications with conviction codes: UT, DD, DR, BA
- In excess of more than 2 fault claims in the last 3 years
Any endorsements/offences should be declared at the time of booking in order to avoid disappointment at the time of collection. Failure to inform Manchetts of any pending or new endorsements or restrictions during the period of rental will immediately invalidate the insurance.
Insurance Excess Pre Authorisation
We hold a pre authorisation of £150.00 taken on your card, when taken with our Collision Waiver Fee of £10 plus vat per day. If the Collision Waiver Fee is declined, a deposit of £500 is required upfront. The pre authorisation is released on return of the hired vehicle, provided no damages have been incurred.
There are certain occupations that our insurance does not cover. Some examples of these occupations are shown below. Please bear in mind that the list is not exhaustive.
- Professional Sportspersons / Entertainers / Fairground Workers / Musicians including where other such people will be carried as passengers
- Traders of no fixed abode
- Any business connected to the courier industry
- Hire and Reward
We are also unable to hire to unemployed and itinerant persons.
You will also be asked to confirm:
- If you have any physical or mental disability or infirmity the DVLA has authorised you to drive
- If you have diabetes, or suffer from fits or any heart complaint the DVLA has authorised you to drive
We provide the vehicle with an amount of fuel requesting that you return the vehicle with the same amount. Failure to do this will result in a charge of £70 + VAT.
All traffic or motoring offences, toll or parking charges, penalties and fines that arise in the duration of rental will be your sole responsibility. An administration charge of £25 + VAT will be levied per traffic offence, plus any penalty charge that is applicable.